The Barkerville Promise
Barkerville exists to inspire today through the courage of the past. We promise a welcoming experience to reflect, connect and grow. We are connected by discovery in everything we do. We are adventurous, authentic, inclusive and dynamic.
SuperHost: Foundations of Service Quality
SuperHost Foundations of Service Quality is a comprehensive, practical introduction to the principles of providing a quality service experience. This course is ideal for people who are either entering the workforce for the first time or after a significant break, or are fairly new at working in a front-line, customer-facing role.
The course will cover:
- Basic customer service, communication and teamwork skills – some of the key 21st century skills
- Relationships between service quality, customer experience, and business objectives
- The importance of front-line employees in service sector businesses
- Expectations from the point of view of customers, employers, and employees
- Communication etiquette and best practices
- Service recovery techniques
- Metrics used to assess customer experience and service quality
Contract Opportunity: Indigenous Interpretation
Barkerville Heritage Trust seeks to launch a pilot indigenous interpretation program in Barkerville Historic Town & Park on Saturday, July 20, 2019, in conjunction with our annual Indigenous Day Celebrations, and run the program through to the of the September, 2019. The success of this pilot phase will help us build the case to fund a permanent program in future years.
We are currently seeking a qualified contractor to deliver this pilot phase of programming. The closing date for proposals is June 21st, 2019 and any questions regarding the proposal can be directed to Jillian Merrick at 250-994-3332 ex. 28 or email@example.com
Barkerville Heritage Trust is seeking seasonal and casual workers responsible for custodial and housekeeping related duties. To apply, contact Dawn Leroy at 250-994-3332 ex. 24 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Take a walk down memory lane with the aroma of their famous sourdough bread filling the air. Fine, fresh baking, all prepared from scratch right on the premises. Don’t miss the annual Pie Eating Contest held every August.
All employees are expected to have or be working towards a Food Safe Certificate. Good math skills are essential. Some food service or bakery experience is an asset but not necessary, as on the job training is provided. To apply, contact Barb at 250-994-3241 or email@example.com
- Sandwich Maker: 1 full-time position. Prepare fillings for sandwiches, including slicing meats and cheeses. Prep vegetables and make sandwiches. Serve customers when needed. Wash dishes and stock dry goods. Assist in other areas of the kitchen when needed.
- Front Counter Sales Clerk: 2 full-time positions. Stock display case, bags, napkins, and drink refrigerator. Make coffee, serve customers, fill orders, cashier. Assist in kitchen when needed. Keep front counter and general area clean, including tables, floor, and windows. Wash dishes when required.
- Assistant Baker: 1 full-time position. Assist head baker with mixing and rolling dough, pie crusts, filling pies, scooping cookies and muffins. Icing sweet breads, cutting and packaging baked goods, filling customers’ orders. Help front counter personnel if the service area has customers waiting. Prep vegetables, grating, shredding, slicing, etc. Washing pots and pans
For any of the position below, apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeking counter sales clerks and gold panning instructors for costumed interaction with tourists visiting from around the world. A second language is an asset but not necessary. Positions are available in five different stores. All the positions will include counter sales, stocking, pricing, general cleaning, and outstanding customer service, Eldorado workers will be trained in how to provide gold panning instruction. Accommodation is not provided but is available, and we will help you secure it.
- Mason & Daly General Merchants: A unique 19th century-style general store carrying an extraordinary selection of goods, from sealing wax and stationery supplies to haberdashery, straight razors, and tonsorial supplies. A stop at the candy counter, with its huge selections of licorice, chocolates, and other traditional candies is a must!
- McPhersons Watchmakers Shop: This prestigious watch and jewellery shop, originally founded in the 1860s, has a very large selection of gold and silver jewellery. You’ll find a variety of precious and semi-precious gem stones ranging from diamonds to amber to opals, all set as earrings, rings, or pendants. Or, if you “strike it rich” on your visit, have your gold nuggets set as jewellery, or choose from a large selection of mounted nugget jewellery.
- C Strouss & Co. Dry Goods Store: Offering some of the best teas from around the world, cheese cut from 30-pound wheels, cast iron cooking implements, and other household good evoking the best of bygone days. Workers assist with food service, coffee, and tea, deli meats, and general merchandise sales.
- F.J. McMahon’s Confectionery: Once known as the Red Front Cigar Store, McMahon’s was part of this vital merchant community and sold a diverse selection of treats and sundries. Today, in our recreated 1030s style confectionery store.
- Eldorado Gold Panning & Gifts: Get a taste of the Barkerville gold rush. Learn how to gold pan with the crusty old gold miners at the Eldorado. Come into the gift shop and choose from a variety of items available for purchase: gold, gold pans, jewellery, souvenirs, hats, jackets, t-shirts, books, candy, drinks, sundries, umbrella rentals, and more.
King & Kelly House B&Bs
Positions available at King and Kelly House Bed & Breakfast this upcoming season. We are looking for part time, full time and temporary employees to join our team. Successful applicant will have experience serving and preparing food, performing daily custodial duties, historical interpretation, and working independently.
Please email resume to email@example.com
Kwong Sang Wing Chinese Store
Be a part of the sale team that welcome customers to the Kwong San Wing, where we have a variety of colourful Chinese merchandise, from clothing to medicinal herbs, imported directly from China. Seeking someone for an afternoon shift, 5-6 days a week. Please contact Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org or 240-894-6979 to discuss opportunities.
Lung Duck Tong Chinese Restaurant
The Lung Duck Tong Restaurant is a local favourite and is renowned for its Chinese cooking, impressing guests from around the world for year with fresh, authentic Chinese food.
We are hiring servers and kitchen helpers. Please call 204-899-5345 after April 1st to apply.
Wake Up Jake Restaurant
The best of Cariboo cuisine, from hearty breakfast and light snacks, to full course meals fit for hungry miners. The Wake-Up Jake Restaurant offers a full menu of old-style favourites including breakfast, lunch and supper as well as children’s specials. To apply, contact: email@example.com or 250-981-4758
Hiring Experienced Cook:
- Experienced in busy environment
- Able to follow directions
- Flexible in both breakfast, evening dinners, and preparation
- Wages dependent on experience.
Jobs in the Region
All full listing of job opportunities in the Wells, Barkerville, and Bowron region can be downloaded at: Job Opportunities on the Gold Rush Trail – April 8