The Barkerville Promise
Barkerville exists to inspire today through the courage of the past. We promise a welcoming experience to reflect, connect and grow. We are connected by discovery in everything we do. We are adventurous, authentic, inclusive and dynamic.
Barkerville Heritage Trust is seeking a Commerce Lead to provide leadership, support, and guidance to the many functions of Barkerville’s Commerce Department, including Cashiers, Custodians, Campgrounds, Tube Run, Cafe, Accommodations, Gift Store, and Private Events.
For more information contact Dawn Leroy, General Manager, at email@example.com or 250-255-6655 and download the full job description below:
Post Office Assistant
Canada Post is seeking a Post Office Assistant to work in the historic Barkerville Post Office. View the full job description and application details here.
For any of the position below, apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeking counter sales clerks and gold panning instructors for costumed interaction with tourists visiting from around the world. A second language is an asset but not necessary. Positions are available in five different stores. All the positions will include counter sales, stocking, pricing, general cleaning, and outstanding customer service, Eldorado workers will be trained in how to provide gold panning instruction. Accommodation is not provided but is available, and we will help you secure it.
- Mason & Daly General Merchants: A unique 19th century-style general store carrying an extraordinary selection of goods, from sealing wax and stationery supplies to haberdashery, straight razors, and tonsorial supplies. A stop at the candy counter, with its huge selections of licorice, chocolates, and other traditional candies is a must!
- McPhersons Watchmakers Shop: This prestigious watch and jewellery shop, originally founded in the 1860s, has a very large selection of gold and silver jewellery. You’ll find a variety of precious and semi-precious gem stones ranging from diamonds to amber to opals, all set as earrings, rings, or pendants. Or, if you “strike it rich” on your visit, have your gold nuggets set as jewellery, or choose from a large selection of mounted nugget jewellery.
- C Strouss & Co. Dry Goods Store: Offering some of the best teas from around the world, cheese cut from 30-pound wheels, cast iron cooking implements, and other household good evoking the best of bygone days. Workers assist with food service, coffee, and tea, deli meats, and general merchandise sales.
- F.J. McMahon’s Confectionery: Once known as the Red Front Cigar Store, McMahon’s was part of this vital merchant community and sold a diverse selection of treats and sundries. Today, in our recreated 1030s style confectionery store.
- Eldorado Gold Panning & Gifts: Get a taste of the Barkerville gold rush. Learn how to gold pan with the crusty old gold miners at the Eldorado. Come into the gift shop and choose from a variety of items available for purchase: gold, gold pans, jewellery, souvenirs, hats, jackets, t-shirts, books, candy, drinks, sundries, umbrella rentals, and more.
King & Kelly House B&Bs
Positions available at King and Kelly House Bed & Breakfast this upcoming season. We are looking for part time, full time and temporary employees to join our team. Successful applicant will have experience serving and preparing food, performing daily custodial duties, historical interpretation, and working independently.
Please email resume to email@example.com
Kwong Sang Wing Chinese Store
Be a part of the sale team that welcome customers to the Kwong San Wing, where we have a variety of colourful Chinese merchandise, from clothing to medicinal herbs, imported directly from China. Seeking someone for an afternoon shift, 5-6 days a week. Please contact Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org or 240-894-6979 to discuss opportunities.
Lung Duck Tong Chinese Restaurant
The Lung Duck Tong Restaurant is a local favourite and is renowned for its Chinese cooking, impressing guests from around the world for year with fresh, authentic Chinese food.
We are hiring servers and kitchen helpers. Please call 204-899-5345 after April 1st to apply.
Wake Up Jake Restaurant
The best of Cariboo cuisine, from hearty breakfast and light snacks, to full course meals fit for hungry miners. The Wake-Up Jake Restaurant offers a full menu of old-style favourites including breakfast, lunch and supper as well as children’s specials. To apply, contact: email@example.com or 250-981-4758
Hiring Experienced Cook:
- Experienced in busy environment
- Able to follow directions
- Flexible in both breakfast, evening dinners, and preparation
- Wages dependent on experience.