It’s 1862. You are hand-digging through layers of soggy, worthless, frustrating gravel, hoping and praying the next shovel-stroke will expose a fortune in gold. Everyone says it’s crazy, but there’s too much at stake. Then, just when the outcome seems impossibly bleak, at a depth of 52 feet the ground begins to pay. The lead is struck, and the greatest creek side placer gold deposit the world has ever seen is suddenly yours for the taking.
Barkerville Historic Town & Park is a Province of BC owned Heritage Property & Park, and a Government of Canada National Historic Site. Barkerville is an authentic, unique world-class heritage experience.
- Number of Annual Visitors: 50,000-60,000
- Number of Collection Items: 200,000
- Number of Heritage Buildings: 107
- Number of Heritage Replica Buildings: 62
- Park Size: 457+ hectares; 1130+ acres
- Number of Campsites: 161